Your personal information is being processed by the owner of www.bigissueconnect.com The Big Issue Company Limited ("we"). We are committed to managing your personal information in accordance with current legislation and best practice. Our aim is to be responsible, relevant and secure when using your data.
Whenever you provide personal information we will treat that information in accordance with this Notice. We endeavour at all times to keep your data accurate and secure, and to honour your data preferences with regard to receipt of direct marketing and customer service e.g. email, mobile messaging and mobile telephone calls.
By using the Service, you consent to the collection and use of information in accordance with this Policy.
The Company reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or replace this Policy by posting the updated version on the Site. It is your responsibility to check this Policy periodically for changes. Your continued use of the Service following the posting of any changes to this Policy constitutes your acceptance of those changes.
Collection of Information
We may collect and process the following information about you:
* information (such as your name, that of your company or charity, email and postal addresses, telephone numbers) that you provide by completing forms on the Site, including if you register as a user of the site, subscribe to our newsletter, upload or submit any material through the site, or request any information;
* your log-in and password details in connection with the account sign-in process;
* details of any requests made by you through the Service;
* communications you send to us, for example to report a problem or to submit queries, concerns, or comments regarding the site or its content;
* information that you post to the site in the form of comments or contributions to discussions; and
* IP addresses.
Uses of Your Personal Information
We will use the personal information you provide to:
* identify you when you sign-in to your account;
* enable us to provide you with services;
* send you information we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us;
* present projects to you when you use the site which we believe will be of interest based on your geographic location and previous use of the site;
* administer your account with us;
* enable us to contact you regarding any question you make through the site;
* analyse the use of the site and the people visiting to improve our content and services; and
* use for other purposes that we may disclose to you when we request your information.
We want to communicate with you only if you want to hear from us. We try to keep emails to a minimum and give you the ability to opt out when we can.
We will send you email relating to your account activity. We will keep these emails to a minimum.
You will also receive certain email notifications, for which you may opt-out.
We may send you service-related announcements on rare occasions when it is necessary to do so.
You may receive emails from our parent company, The Big Issue Company Limited, and sister companies - Big Issue Invest and Answers from Big Issue. You may opt-out from receiving these.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set. You can also learn more about cookies by visiting http://www.aboutcookies.org/ which includes additional useful information on cookies and how to block cookies using different browsers. By blocking or deleting cookies used on our site, you may not be able to take full advantage of our service.
Any personal information or content that you voluntarily disclose in public areas of the site becomes publicly available and can be collected and used by other users. You should exercise caution before disclosing your personal information through these public venues.
Big Issue Connect reserves the right to disclose your personally identifiable information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, or in the good-faith belief that it is necessary to comply with the law.
To modify or delete the personal information you have provided to us, please log in and update your profile. We may retain certain information as required by law or for necessary business purposes.
On request, we will give you a copy of all the personal information about you that we hold. This information is subject to a fee not exceeding the prescribed fee permitted by law.
If you have any questions or suggestions please email: email@example.com